THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for an ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D2346000 and is part of the PA ANG HQ DET 2, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States.
Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense.
We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies.
Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard.
Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
1 or more Position(s) may be hired against this Announcement APPOINTMENT STATUS: EXCEPTED This is a Dual Status Excepted Service Technician position in the Pennsylvania Army National Guard.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Bargaining Position Category 1: Qualified, currently employed technicians working at the location specified in the job announcement.
Category 2: Qualified, currently employed technicians of the Pennsylvania National Guard.
(Army and/or Air) Category 3: Qualified members of the Pennsylvania National Guard.
(Army and/or Air) Category 4: Individuals who are currently serving in another branch of service who are willing to become members of the Pennsylvania National Guard.
INDEFINITE: Currently employed permanent technician selected will occupy these positions as a Promotion NTE or Reassignment as appropriate in their present status.
Employment status pertains to applicant nominated, who is not a currently employed permanent technician.
Indefinite appointments do not acquire permanent status and do not serve a trial period.
Indefinite appointments may be separated when their services are no longer needed or when funding is no longer available via a 30-day termination notice.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training which provided a general knowledge of principles of organization, management, and administration.
Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 24 months experience, education or training in any position that required compiling reports, letters, memoranda, etc., and required person-to-person contacts to convey information.
Applicants must have experience providing technical guidance and assistance in the type of work or in comparable work of the position to be filled.
Applicants must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of administrative procedures and practices of management.
Experience developing administrative procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES: Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the nominating supervisor based on the following competencies considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of the organization, programs, mission goals, major issues, objectives, work processes, administrative operations and functions of the unit.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying fundamental DoD Financial Management laws, principles, systems, policies, methods, and practices sufficient to: advise leadership on all financial matters pertinent to the unit; develop and evaluate long- and short-range financial plans; implement financial reviews, audits, reports, transfers, and unfunded requests; and ensure all expenditures are legal, proper, and correct.
- Ability to plan, schedule and conduct projects and studies to evaluate and recommend ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of unit operations.
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of unit operations.
- Knowledge in developing new or modified work procedures for administering unit services, guidelines and procedures and automating work processes.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Length of time is not of itself qualifying.
Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed.
The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.
SPECIAL NOTE: Per the Labor Relations Management Agreement if there are more than 15 qualified applicants for each position, by category, a KSA board will be convened in accordance with Section 17.8 of the LMRA.
PCS STATEMENT: PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION COSTS WILL NOT BE PAID FOR THIS POSITION.